Friday, October 19, 2012

Leggings, Lipstick, & Laduree

It's been quite an exciting week, starting off with the second round of presidential debates taking place on campus! Unfortunately I was not selected in the lottery to attend the event, but that didn't take away from the excitement on campus. News stations were set up everywhere, streets were blocked off, and security was highest I've ever seen. It's not every day that the President is in town. Due to class cancellations for the debates, I've been doing a bit of running around, and I thought I'd share a few tidbits of my days:

Nordstrom Blazer
Nordstrom Frenchi "Girlfriend" Tee
H&M scarf
Michael Kors "Slim Runway" Watch
Giuseppe Zanotti flats

Abercrombie & Fitch Sweater
Urban Outfitters BDG cigarette jeans
Target Boots
Longchamp Le Pliage Large

Then I went to Lord&Taylor. I don't frequent this store, but I always find great deals when I do. The Friends & Family sale was going on, 25% off almost everything in the store, and 10% off cosmetics! I was super excited, as cosmetics almost never go on sale anywhere. I picked up a matte velvet lip pencil; Cruella//NARS, and the Dolce Vita//NARS lipstick.

And I went to MAC, and bought two more lipsticks...

From left to right, Dolce Vita//NARS, Dark Side//MAC, Ruby Woo//MAC

This is Cruella//NARS, the matte velvet lipstick pencil. In comparison with the Ruby Woo, it's not as bright. Ruby Woo is more of a blue-based red. In other words, Ruby Woo makes one's teeth look whiter and brighter than the Cruella. Both are gorgeous though.

When I had lunch with a friend of mine, she brought me these macaroons from Laduree. They are, hands down, the BEST macaroons/desserts ever. Light but flavorful, they are perfection.

And there's no better way to end a hard week full of exams than a great candle and some fresh flowers (hydrangeas). The candle is Gardenia//Henri Bendel.










8 comments:

  1. Hey! Found your blog by surprise! First follower! I love Macaroons! Loving the pictures!

    lynzical.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyn! Thank you so much! Your blog is super pretty!

      Delete
  2. How exciting the Presidential debates were at your campus!

    Some very lovely photos here - I love the outfits xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your boots from Target! I wish I had a Target where I live!

    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Check out the website, target's got some fabulous things!

      Delete
  4. Loveee the black and white Jumper!

    Stylesfrillsandheels.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete