Sunday, January 6, 2013

On Reading More

Every year I resolve to be more productive, and this year is no different. I've always been an avid reader (for leisure), but lately I haven't been taking any time for myself. I've "shopped my stash" of books that have yet to be read, and am challenging myself to finish them all in the next month (more realistically, two. But we'll see). I have this awful habit of buying more and more books, ending up with a large collection of unread books. Let the reading begin now!


 In Cold Blood//Truman Capote
" On Nov 15, 1959, in the small town of Holcomb, Kansas, four members of the Clutter family were savagely murdered by blasts from a shotgun held a few inches from their faces..."

The Tipping Point//Malcolm Gladwell
"The tipping point is that magic moment when an idea, trend, or social behavior crosses a threshold, tips, and spreads like wildfire"

Blink//Malcolm Gladwell
"Drawing on cutting edge neuroscience and psychology to reveal that the difference between good decision making and bad has less to do with how much information we process than with our ability to focus on a few, particular details, Gladwell shows how we can all become better decision makers..."

Casual Vacancy//JK Rowling
"When Barry Fairbrother dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock..."

Wild//Cheryl Strayed
"At twenty two, Cheryl Strayed thought she had lost everything. In the wake of her mother's death, her family scattered and her own marriage was soon destroyed. Four years later, with nothing more to lose, she made the most impulsive decision of her life: to hike the Pacific Crest Trail..."

Have you read any of these?


5 comments:

  1. I really want to read the JK Rowling book. Heard it's good!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely pick it up! I'll let you know if it lives up to her Harry Potter days!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Looks like you've got some great books there! I'm actually going to do a reading challenge for 2013. I need to read more, especially to improve my intelligence and expand my vocabulary. I know reading helps a lot.

    Have fun! =)

    ♥Carrie
    xoxoxo
    http://ilovebeingonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh great book. have heard about them. i have to read them too.
    lovely geets
    maren anita

    maren anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete