Saturday, May 4, 2013

Review | Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream


Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream $39 (full size) $19.50 (travel/half size) 
Shade: Light (comes in 5 shades)

"This multitasking tinted cream formula with SPF 35 moisturizes, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin on set and beyond. Formulated with emollients and optical pearl pigments, this BB Cream gives skin a glowing, ethereal look and provides a hydrating veil for the complexion to maintain moisture on the surface of the skin. With its ultrasmoothing finish, it instantly re-texturizes to create a smooth canvas and enhances the wear of makeup. Ideal even for oily complexions, this expert formula with UVA/UVB protection helps inhibit oil to prevent the complexion from getting shiny throughout the day without the typical chalky matte finish. " (copied from Sephora)


I love the idea of BB creams, but $39 is a bit on the expensive side for a product I was iffy to try. I was super excited while browsing at Sephora and found that they have a travel size option (haul is here)! It's $19.50 for 0.5 fl oz (while the full size is 1 oz). Although it's still on the pricey side, I figured why not.

This product claims to control oil and provide a smooth, glowy finish, and have SPF 35 (which is a huge plus, since I hate wearing SPF separately). I have to say that the product lives up to its claims! I have combination skin with an oily T-zone, and usually, when wearing foundations, I have to blot every couple of hours, or my face will be noticeably shiny (never cute). I didn't have to blot all day! (I did anyways after 8 hours, but I wasn't noticeably shiny).


At first, the BB cream comes off as a bit too light, but it warms up to my skintone as I blend it in. I set it with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish natural in Medium using the Real Techniques powder brush, and the combination provides for a natural looking finish that lasts all day! The consistency is similar, but probably a lighter than Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation (review here). LM's foundation is creamer though. It's definitely thicker than many BB creams, and doesn't smell like anything. The coverage more on the sheer side, but it does even out the skin pretty well. I use a bit of concealer to cover any problem spots. My go-to is MAC studio finish concealer.  I've tried a bunch of BB creams (Boscia, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon), this one is probably my favorite.


Looks a little too light...


But blends in perfectly!


Repurchase? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment